Support a just, equitable world
“The intent of the Equity Petal is to transform developments to foster a true, inclusive sense of community that is just and equitable regardless of an individual’s background, age, class, race, gender or sexual orientation.” International Living Future Institute
Imperatives include: Human Scale and Humane Places; Universal Access to Nature and Place; Equitable Investment; and JUST Organization.
Design approach includes:
- Universal access to and throughout the building for all occupants.
- Project does not block natural daylight to surrounding buildings.
- No noxious emissions or chemical of concern will be emitted from the project.
- SKANSKA is constructing a major portion of the floor deck by partnering with Georgia Works, a non-profit program which trains and employs economically disadvantaged residents of Atlanta.
- At least one of the project team members must have a JUST Label (a transparency label for organizational operations) for their organization, and project teams should participate in advocacy. Lord Aeck Sargent (LAS), The Miller Hull Partnership, and others have obtained the JUST label.
- Georgia Tech intends to extend equitable practices into operation, by taking specific steps to create a welcoming environment, incorporate equity into the curriculum, and track equity through metrics.